Posts Tagged ‘Torture’

Jerusalem (CNN)Mohammed Abu Khedair, a Palestinian teenager who was abducted and killed in Jerusalem this week, died from being burned alive and hit on the head with a blunt object, according to Palestinian General Prosecutor Mohammed al-Auwewy, citing a medical autopsy.

Al-Auwewy said the autopsy discovered traces of smoke inside the lungs of the 16-year-old, indicating that it was inhaled while the fire was burning.

Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said his country is aggressively investigating the killing. “We’ll get to the bottom of it and catch those responsible,” he told CNN on Saturday.

The teenager’s death sparked widespread outrage among Palestinians, many of whom believe he was killed in retaliation for the killing of three Israeli teens. Israeli authorities are investigating who killed Khedair and why, said Netanyahu.

http://www.cnn.com//2014/07/05/world/meast/mideast-tensions/index.html

Advertisements

A 22-year-old man will be facing an Athens prosecutor on Tuesday after allegedly confessing to killing a 41-year-old homeless woman in the coastal suburb of Glyfada on April 20 as a “sacrifice to Satan.”

According to an official police announcement published on Tuesday, the 22-year-old was arrested on Monday afternoon and later admitted to investigators that he had been planning to make another “sacrifice” on June 21.

The 41-year-old woman was found beaten to death in the early hours of Easter Sunday at Vaso Katraki Square in Glyfada on the southern coast of Athens. On a nearby bench, the number “666,” believed to indicate the devil, as well as a cross and another identified symbol were written in the woman’s blood.

Read: http://newpost.gr/post/362280/young-man-confesses-to-killing-homeless-woman-as-sacrifice-to-satan#ixzz35t9oRjUr

We’ll see how many of these killings actually materialize, but may the Lord bless any victims in this case…

SUNBURY, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman charged along with her newlywed husband in the murder of a man they met through Craigslist admitted to the slaying in a jailhouse interview with a newspaper and said she has killed more than 20 others across the country, claims police said they are investigating.

In an interview with the Daily Item in Sunbury, Pa., 19-year-old Miranda Barbour said she wants to plead guilty to killing Troy LeFerrara in November. She also said in the interview that she has killed at least 22 other people from Alaska to North Carolina in the last six years as part of her involvement in a satanic cult.

“I feel it is time to get all of this out. I don’t care if people believe me. I just want to get it out,” Barbour told the newspaper for a story published Saturday night (http://bit.ly/1gN81z3).

Sunbury police Chief Steve Mazzeo told the newspaper that investigators have been in contact with the FBI and law enforcement in several other states.

Authorities said Miranda Barbour, a petite woman with long brown hair, told investigators she met the 6-foot-2, 278-pound victim after he responded to her Craigslist ad offering companionship for money.

Police allege in court papers that Elytte Barbour told investigators they committed the crime because they wanted to kill someone together. The couple, who were married in North Carolina and moved to Pennsylvania about three weeks before the crime, told police Miranda Barbour stabbed LaFerrara in the front seat of her car while her husband held a cord around his neck.

She said in the interview that she doesn’t want to get out of jail and that she would kill again if she were released.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/16/miranda-barbour-accused-craigslist-killer-confession-report_n_4797592.html

Barbour and her husband, 22-year-old Elytte Barbour, murdered 42-year-old Troy LaFerrera in November. Miranda Barbour said they lured the victim to them by offering sex for $100. She allegedly stabbed the victim 20 times as her husband strapped a cord around the victim’s neck.

“He said the wrong things…and then things got out of control,” she said. “I can tell you he was not supposed to be stabbed. My husband was just supposed to strangle him.”

The other killings Barbour claims she committed were in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California.

“I can pinpoint on a map where you can find them… When I hit 22, I stopped counting,” she said.

Barbour reportedly said she would lure her victims in and then study them. She would even become their friend in some cases. She said she only killed “bad people,” and that the majority of the killings were in Alaska—where she said she joined a satanic cult at the age of 13.

http://fox13now.com/2014/02/16/teen-craigslist-killer-claims-she-stopped-counting-victims-at-22-has-no-regrets/

New York criminal complaint released Friday at the arraignment of Kryzie King, 27, with whom the 4-year-old had been staying since mid-December, said the boy had burn marks and abrasions on his head, neck, face and testicles. There were bruises and numerous marks made by an object on his abdomen and legs and wrists — bruises consistent with being restrained — lacerations to his fingers, abrasions to his armpit, and bruises and scars on his back. The child appeared malnourished, the complaint said.

Myls suffered “horrific injuries sustained over a period of days,” New York Police Commissioner William Bratton told reporters.

In a statement, King’s attorney, Bryan Konoski, said: “My client is not charged with homicide at this time and she is presumed to be innocent of allegations against her. I would tell everyone not jump to any conclusions at this time.”

Shortly before 11 a.m. on Wednesday, police responding to a 911 call found Myles locked in a bathroom at King’s apartment at The Ritz Plaza, a luxury highrise in the Hell’s Kitchen section of Manhattan. He appeared battered, was unconscious and unresponsive on the floor, authorities said.

The child was pronounced dead at St. Luke’s Hospital at 1:52 p.m.

King told police that on December 29 she removed a hot rack from an oven with a glove and allegedly placed it against the boy’s right leg, leaving linear burn marks, the complaint said. The next day, she told police, she allegedly struck him about his body five to six times with a belt, leaving bruises and scars.

The complaint said King admitted that from December 30 to January 4 she allegedly tied the boy’s wrists and feet together with shoe laces and gagged him with a piece of cloth. She told police that resulted in scaring on his wrists and ankles. On the day she freed him, the complaint said, King allegedly beat him twelve to thirteen times with a belt.

On Tuesday, during subfreezing temperatures, King told police she allegedly locked the the child, wearing only a T-shirt and shorts, outside on a balcony from 20 minutes to an hour, the complaint said. That same day, she allegedly locked the boy inside a dark bathroom for about three hours.

King told authorities that the boy was “being very difficult eating and that the last full meal he ate was on December 26, 2013; after that he would only pick at his food,” the complaint said. The last time the boy ate or drank anything was on January 3.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/justice/new-york-boy-death/?iref=obinsite

(CNN) — The New Delhi rape case left the whole world wondering why India is treating its women so badly. In fact, discrimination against women already starts in the womb: India has some of the most distorted sex-ratios in the world. There are regions where fewer than 800 girls are born for every 1,000 boys. For many reasons Indian culture prefers sons. An expensive bride-price, or dowry, is only one of them.

In one village just two hours drive outside Delhi, I met Narinder, a schoolteacher, and his family. He had three brothers and only one of them got married. There weren’t enough brides, because the village has been aborting their daughters for decades.

So day-by-day, thousands of parents circumvent rarely enforced laws and have their baby daughters aborted after an ultrasound scan has revealed the sex of the fetus. It is estimated that India has been losing up to 12 million baby girls over the last three decades.

We hit the dusty streets, down to Haryana where Shafiq introduced me to women who do not have a voice, women for whom nobody demonstrates. They are abused and raped and sold like cattle and nobody cares. They are called Paro, or strangers. They are the sort of women Narinder will buy — those who make up for the scores who are never born.

Akhleema and Tasleema, two sisters from Kolkata, were born into a poor family, before her aunt sold them via an agent to two brothers in Haryana, who could not find a bride. Within weeks, Akhleema was beaten so hard by her husband, that she lost hearing in her left ear. Both spend their time cooking, cleaning and tending the fields. They have no rights, no voice and, most shockingly: there is no way back. They have children with their men and it is culturally unacceptable to leave them behind.

“But don’t be mistaken”, Shafiq says. Because during the rainy season, the river erupts over its banks, destroys fields and villages. In these already poverty-stricken regions, flooding takes away the little people have. Thousands of families are pushed into poverty and helplessness. They end up in flood shelters, vulnerable and easy prey for traffickers, like Saleha and her husband Husain. Their daughter Jaida went missing two years ago. They saw a man entering the hamlet and talking to Jaida. She vanished without a trace.

[Editor: A few comments added some perspective to this story to show that not all of India’s 1.2 billion people agree with this practice]:

To the author – Please make the caption more precise. Your opinion is based on a very specific socio-economic background that isn’t the same picture of India en masse. I am not denying any part of the content as this is a glaring truth in the urban slums, villages et al.; but there is also a huge segment of the population (since the country in context has 1.2 billion people) that abhors this practice just as much as any rational and educated person in any corner of the world would do. You’re utterly wrong in concluding your thoughts on Indian culture based on interviewing a very specific set of people that have a lot of commonalities. This is not how extrapolation works.

  • Very true! With my relatives in Agra (Taj Mahal), they have a total of 12 children spread across 4 families and of these, 9 are female! Only the people with no brain cells could think to abort their daughters. My relatives are middle class and in Agra at least, I thankfully don’t see a shortage of girls playing on the streets.

    Dowries were traditionally a gift from the father to his daughter upon marriage, but this has been subverted to now be a forced payment from the father to his daughter’s neanderthal in-laws. Things have become messed up big time. Intelligent Indians don’t even ask for dowry from the bride’s family as the bride is a gift enough! My family is a prime example of this, such as when I was looking for a bride in India. I’ve always grown up with great respect for females.

    Living in Canada for the past 40 years, I’m so happy when any of my friends have new daughters because I know they can do anything they want with no limitations. This is what I want to see happen in my motherland, India. 🙂

    •  
      True. There are problems that need to be acknowledged and fixed. However, looking at a country with a very myopic vision and writing an article based on certain preconceived notions aren’t answers to the problem [Not to mention a farcical statistical sampling

    • ” total of 12 children spread across 4 families and of these, 9 are female!”
      You just brought up another side of the same issue. Many couple wont get abortion but keep having babies until its a boy. Your specific example couple may not be doing that, 9 girls out of 12 in 4 families sound perfectly balanced. But there are many families where they have 4, 5, 6 daughters and 1 son. And usually, son is the youngest one.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/11/opinion/india-missing-females/index.html

CNN) — A Missouri man was sentenced on Wednesday to 20 years in federal prison for his role in the years-long sexual torture of a “mentally deficient” young woman that included electrical shock and mutilation, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri told CNN.

Bagley held the victim as a sex slave from December 2002 to February 27, 2009, in his Lebanon, Missouri, trailer home. The woman — who was a runaway minor at the time when the abuse began — was sometimes “hung upside down,” “water boarded” and had animals she cared for shot in front of her by Bagley to coerce her to engage in commercial sex acts, the indictment read.

“In or about December 2002, (Bagley) invited FV, a 16-year-old minor, who grew up in foster care homes, into his residence after she ran away from home and promised her ‘a great life,’ including, but not limited to, making her a model and a dancer, and ‘making her dreams come true,'” the indictment read.

“(Bagley) advertised and publicized FV over the Internet and in live web cam sessions as his slave who would engage in sexual acts and could be tortured during live online sessions, or in person,” an indictment read.

Once the victim turned 18, Bagley had “FV sign a ‘sex slavery’ contract” and told her the contract “legally bound her to him as his ‘sex slave’ with a term that ‘never’ ended,” according to the indictment.

During the six years of abuse, Bagley also performed abortions on the victim using things like “vacuums, and clothing hangers for the purpose of terminating the pregnancies,” the indictment said.

The victim was discovered by first responders after she suffered cardiac arrest during a torture session on February 27, 2009, the indictment read.

 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/11/justice/missouri-sex-slave-sentence/index.html

(CNN) — A Boston-area man, who was planning to kidnap children, lock them in a basement dungeon, rape and eat them, should be imprisoned for at least 27 years, federal authorities said in court documents filed this week.

 

The man, Geoffrey Portway, 40, pleaded guilty in May to distribution and possession of child pornography and solicitation to commit a crime of violence, according to court documents.

He is scheduled to be sentenced on September 17.

“Portway has pled guilty to some of the most vile and heinous crimes known to our society,” federal prosecutors wrote in a sentencing recommendation.

 

His home in Worcester was searched last year and authorities found tens of thousands of computer images and videos of child pornography, 4,500 exchanges of child pornography between Portway and the people he chatted with online. The images included children being cooked and prepared to be eaten, court documents said.

 

Authorities also found a locked basement, court documents show, that contained a child-sized coffin, a steel cage, a steel topped table, two freezers, disposable scalpels, butchering kits and castration tools.

 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/justice/cannibal-eat-children-case/index.html